Monday, May 24, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend and Our First Purchase!

For Mother's Day, we went to Cheeky Monkey, the cutest store for maternity, baby and toddlers. Even before we started trying to conceive, I began planning what to buy...because, I like to be as prepared as I can be, especially for something that is basically impossible to be prepared for...parenthood. One of the main things that I liked reading about were strollers. There are so many cool strollers out there on the market, but man can the prices soar! We wanted to get something that was decent looking, at an affordable price, and that would last long enough to hold the baby until it decides that it wants to walk instead.

Chris' sister and her husband purchased the Quinny stroller which we really liked, so we decided to go for something different, as I'm sure they'll end up with many similar things throughout their childhood already. We thought the Peg Perego Skate was awesome, but it was closer to the top of our price list, so we looked for something a little less expensive, and we found it!

The stroller we decided on is a little bit of everything! It's called the i'coo Pacific. It just came out this year and as soon as I saw it's little web commercial, I was sold! I really like how it can transform from a bassinet to a sitting stroller seat in under a minute! Of course, we have not mastered it that quickly yet. I also like how the stroller can be raised to table level, which is handy if you are at a restaurant that doesn't have highchairs, or if you are eating at the mall. It's really lightweight, wheels around so easily, has a reversible seat so it can watch Mommy or Daddy, or view the world, and it is compatible with all car seats! I should also mention that the cats are in love with it! One of them is always in it, snoring away.



We bought it at Cheeky Monkey and saved 10% off because of the Mother's Day Sale and we were entered into a draw. As soon as they handed us the receipt, I started to cry...darn hormones! And to make matters worse, they handed me an adorable Gerber daisy. I then started to bawl.



The next day while at work, I received a message on my cell phone from Cheeky Monkey. We had won the draw!! We won a $25 gift-card to the store! I was so excited! When we got to the store, the young lady that sold us the stroller was there and she handed me my prize. I was shocked! Not only did I get a card, but I also got a super cute teddy bear (who we named Walter)! Of course I cried again. I'm pretty sure from now on I'll be known as Mrs. Waterworks when I shop there.



http://www.cheekymonkey.ca/
http://www.gtbaby.com/2010_Spring/i_coo/icoo_Pacific.html

May 18, 2010
=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment