Monday, June 6, 2011

Ollie's First Visit to the Beach!

Whose cute little foot is in the sand for the first time?

Ollie!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, so Chris suggested we pack up and go for a car ride with Ollie to Port Stanley. I was so excited, as it would be Ollie's first time at the beach, and I am such a sucker for every one of Ollie's 'firsts'. I will admit, that as soon as we got onto the sandy beach, and I saw Ollie looking around at everything around him, I teared up and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh! It's your first time at the beach! Chris, it's his first time!" I am such an emotional person these days. :) 

Ollie was quite intrigued by the texture of he sand, but he was a little scared, and preferred us holding him on our laps while he soaked in surroundings. He even put his toes in the water (well, Daddy put his toes in the water), but he was not impressed with that. Too cold! He did like watching the waves and seeing the boats zip by. I also think the sound of the water had a bit of a soothing effect on him, as it sounded a lot like his white noise machine that he falls asleep to. 

Ollie was so well behaved and didn't cry or play strange the whole time we were there. When we went to get some fresh cut fries (yummy!), he sat calmly on my lap while strangers came up to say hello. He even smiled at an elderly man who thought he was so cute in his bucket hat. :)

We took a lot of photos and a short little clip of him putting his feet into the sand for the first time, so I thought I'd share them with you!

Enjoy seeing the beach with Ollie! 














=^..^=

3 comments:

  1. I love these pics! I love how he is holding Chris' shirt and you look so amazing, Amanda! Ollie is such a cutie and I am so happy you guys went on a little trip to the beach for the first time with the little guy!

    Love you, all! (I will get to your other post)

    Auntie Elle
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys! :) We had to take the photos fast, as the sun was going down when we got there, but I like them. They will provide us with some good memories.

    We had a great time with Ollie at the beach, and hope we'll be able to do some more little outings this summer, as it is a bit busy. ;)

    Love you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete