Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oliver- One Month Old Today!


I cannot believe how quickly times flies by (when you have no sleep). Oliver is one month old today! He's already a big boy! We have really been through so much in such a short time with him already, learning more about him everyday, and about ourselves as well. I have learned that somehow, without sleep, without makeup, without a shower...someone still can love me. I personally would stay away (I don't enjoy being a stinky grump), but I guess I'm needed! ;)

This picture was taken right before we left the hospital with him. I can't believe how small he looks in his car seat!


Our little man doesn't enjoy sleeping...or being quiet, unless he's around our families and is trying to prove us wrong. When it's just the three of us, he tends to be a bit cranky, especially during feeding times. When he's hungry, he goes insane, whipping his head back and forth, chomping at me with his piranah gums, making an adorable, "uh-huh, uh-huh" sound. We've had to put little mitts on him, because he also tries tearing me apart. We are still working on breastfeeding, as it hasn't gone so smoothly. He's a lazy latcher and I'm partly broken, so it's going to be an ongoing learning experience for the both of us.

Since day one he's held his head up, showing how strong he is, and was so alert and focused. He really seems to study everything and has already started smiling and sticking out his tongue in response to our encouragement. I can't tell you how rewarding it all is to see him smile for real at me. It makes my heart melt. :) I am so tired and have no time to sleep between feedings (every 2-3 hours), diaper changes, cleaning, showering (ha, ya right) and such. But I figure that even if I did have time to nap, I'd hate to because I might miss something important or precious. He has totally become our world, and we seem so much more complete with him here with us.

He loves rocking back and forth, bouncing up and down and just vibrating. He snores like Neko when he sleeps, loves listening to me sing (badly) and loves sleeping on daddy. I often have a hard time coming up with songs to sing on the spot, so I seem to resort to singing songs from Disney Afternoon, like the theme song to Tale Spin, Ducktales or Rescue Rangers. Oliver has just started sleeping in his cradle, though it seems to be a hit and miss thing. Sometimes he sleeps, sometimes he cries bloody murder. 

He loves staring at our artwork on the walls, the bumble bees on his crib bedding and watching the pets walk back and forth. He gets lots of licks from Neko who thinks she is his mother, gets licked from Sawyer who thinks that Oliver can take him out for walks to pee, and gets head rubs from Nobi who is slowly coming around to his new little brother. He also seems to enjoy bath time, which is great!


He enjoys his new Surfboard playmat, as he loves tummy time. When he sleeps with us in our bed (most nights), he sleeps on our chests on his tummy, so he's very good at strengthening his neck. He also has strong little legs and tries holding himself up on them when he hold him under his little arms to make him dance. He watches a lot of the Food network with me and enjoys going for walks around the house with daddy.

Our poor little goose has a rash right now that started off looking like acne, but now looks more like eczema or something. We are going to the doctor this week, so I'll let you all know what we find out.

Heck, enjoy some more random photos! :D








Love you Champion! (I call him that, for some reason...)

=^..^=



6 comments:

  1. Happy One Month old Oliver. You sure are growing and you are sooooo cute. Love all your pictures and it is good to know that you are loved by so many fur babies at your house. Love and Kisses Meme's little man. I love You xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Manda!

    Ollie is growing up so fast and has such a little personality already!

    Some pictures he is sooo you and others he is exactly Chris. It's really nice to see :)

    I just love little Oliver. I think he is going to be a sensitive boy taking in everything like he is already. :) Edie and Ollie are going to take on the world! (Disney for a start ;)

    I love the auntie shirt! *melts* He is such a pretty boy in the tub picture! Love his shocked face like "what are you doin'?"

    Really excited to see my little nephew tonight! So happy you made this post.

    Happy 1 month little champion! We love you to pieces!


    Love you too, sistah!

    Elle
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, he is precious. I personally love the comments about him being quiet only to prove you wrong when the families are around. Oh the little personality he has already. And the first picture of him in the tub, those bright intelligent eyes... I'm gushing and I'm not even related (by blood anyway ;)

    I want to meet little Champion Muppet someday very soon. I love your little family. Let me know if you ever need a babysitter!

    xoxo

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amanda, he is beautiful! I am soo happy for you and your family. I can't wait to hear more about him and see amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing pictures of Ollie.He is such a little man and we love him, love you too Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda he is so cute!! I love the picture of him in the Santa outfit!
    Reading about the shower thing is funny because it's so true. And any time I would have any free time I would always choose sleep over a shower lol.
    It's such an amazing ride :) Congrats again hes awesome!

    Elizabeth Mills

    ReplyDelete