Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Second Trimester!

Yahoo! We are now in our second trimester! Bring on the energy and overall good feeling-ness! :) So far at 14 weeks pregnant I have noticed that I am really starting to show. I discovered this when I went to put on my work pants and found they were threatening to pop the button right off. It sounds like I need to either invest in some maternity pants, or get a belly band that holds up unbuttoned pants while providing support for the ever growing tummy. I'm not going to lie, I love feeling my belly now. It's getting firmer and rounder all the time and I love knowing that there is a little one in there just waiting to meet us!

(Warning! TMI ahead!) Another things that is threatening to burst is my bra! Geeze louise! I thought my ladies were out of control before, now I feel like I'm drowning in a boob ocean! I'm going to have to go and get my measurements done so I can get some good boobage support. I guess the one good thing is that they will finally be useful for something instead of just being a pain in the neck. I truly hope that I will be able to breastfeed, otherwise I will have to conclude that God has an odd sense of humour.

One thing I'm glad to announce is that my appetite has returned and  I am even starting to have cravings. The other day we were driving past Taco Bell (I know, I know...) and all of a sudden "CHEESE SAUCE!" popped into my head. For the next few days, all I wanted was what Chris' sister refers to as 'pump cheese'. Mmmm... When we went grocery shopping the other day, I saw that Cheez Whiz was on sale. I jumped up and down, asking Chris if I could get it. I was so sure he'd say no, but to my surprise he said, "Look in the cart", and there sat a lovely jar of processed cheese sauce. I totally started crying in the middle of aisle 4.
Another craving I'm having is for sushi...which *sigh* I can't really have. I have had so many dreams of sushi and maki rolls dipped in soya sauce. I think I'm going to go and just get a big plate full of california rolls, as they don't contain raw fish, but have yummy rice, cucumber, carrot, avocado and imitation crab meat. Yum!! To ensure this baby loves sushi, I want to buy it the Melissa and Doug Wooden Sushi Set. It is super cute! It even comes with chopsticks! :D

Little Muppet is now the size of a navel orange or the size of a fist! The baby can now frown, grimace, squint and pee! It can even hold it's head up from it's little chest. Apparently it's face is also starting to look more human then alien, as it's eyes are now closer together on the front of it's face and it's ears are on the side of it's head instead of on it's neck. I wonder who it will resemble more, Chris or me? I hope it has it's Daddy's eyes. :)


Bump watch! As I said before, my belly is really starting to show. Now that the uterus has moved into the abdomen, you can actually feel it above the pelvic bone! I'm supposed to start gaining weight on my hips, sides and legs (I hope not, as they are big enough now, thank-you-very-much!).

=^..^=

http://www.melissaanddoug.com/

7 comments:

  1. I have it on good authority that the baby will have my eyebrows. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooooo! I don't want to have to pluck them on someone so young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that your appetite has returned, can we have another mandarin night? mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, Mandarin is a must! Maybe we can do it for Dani's birthday?

    Brent....*hiss*. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish you had told me when you were in the store it would have made my day. I'm loving your baby bump and following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hit up Ichibans with you! I knew that Melissa & Doug had the pizza set, but the sushi is soooo much cuter! I love!

    I laughed out loud when I read "Boob Ocean" that could be a great title for a movie!

    So funny that you mentioned the "pump cheese" because I was at 7/11 and wanted some sauce for some nachos. But, since I have the allergies I opted out and went for some Tostitos cheese jar instead. It hit the spot, and only because you put it in my head! I had a little bit of pain the next day, but it was well worth it. I can't stop craving cheese neither!

    Love this post, and you!

    Elle
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete